5 Simple Mindset Shifts
Living a sustainable life doesn’t have to be an inconvenience, it just takes a little more preparation. And with that, you need to have the right mindset.
1. Positivity. Progress over perfection. Celebrate all the big and small victories and enjoy the process.
2. Kindness is golden. Plant the seed. Take the wise approach when being an example of this lifestyle...actions speak louder than words. Not everyone will understand your decision to live sustainably and that's okay.
3. Pack a Zero Waste Kit. Avoid single use plastic on the daily. Before you leave the house, have your kit in tow. We will share more about this later as well as offering kits in store! These typically consist of a reusable straw, eating utensils, shopping bag, water bottle, coffee mug, etc. In addition, prepping snacks or lunch for the day will prevent the need for single use plastic including takeout containers.
4. Be resourceful. Tap into your creativity. Fix what is broken. Buy secondhand. Sell or donate what you don't need or want. Repurpose something you already own (containers to hold dry goods, old t-shirts for cleaning towels, etc.).
5. Value What You Have. Buy less, choose well, make it last. Understanding what went into making the goods you purchase such as worker's wage/environment, materials, resources, etc., will help in purchasing earth friendly items you'll keep longterm. We also like using Marie Kondo's approach when keeping or buying something -- "Does this bring me joy, serve a purpose, add value to my life?" In addition, be sure to care for your things properly so they last.
Get into the habit of asking yourself, "Does this support the life I'm trying to create?".
***image by Violet Short Photography